Scuba Diving ECO Internships in Bali
Do you care about the environment? In today's world that's a pretty loaded question. We all know that marine conservation is of increasing importance and now you have the chance to join our team at Blue Season Bali to do your part for the environment.
Go Eco and join Niels, our in-house marine biologist, and the Blue Season Bali team as we give you our brand new ECO Internship program in Bali. Designed to give you the ultimate diving holiday whilst doing your bit for the underwater environment, these Eco Internships offer you, the ECO enthusiast, the scuba diving experience of a lifetime.
Why take an ECO Internship?
It is now a scientifically indisputable fact that human beings are having a profound effect on our environment. On an individual basis, we can all take small steps to start improving the global situation, and ourselves in the process.
Our ECO Internships can benefit you in a number of ways:
- ECO internships are increasingly important for divers looking to gain employment in the diving industry and it looks impressive on your resume. As an ECO-Intern you’ll be involved in day to day marine research programs in Bali.
- ECO Internships are designed to help divers put their training into practice in a real-life environment and see how they can be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- Learn in depth knowledge about coral, fishes and the marine environment.
- Show future employers that you are environmentally conscientious.
- Contribute to a growing global dataset on corals, marine debris and other marine environmental issues.
- Become a more well-rounded and traveled person.
- Dive the best sites of South East Asia and the world, including the famous USAT Liberty Wreck.
- Plus... You will have fun on the beautiful paradise island of Bali .
Our ECO Internships are run by our own marine biologist, Niels, and our Award Winning team who will ensure that your ECO Experience is educational, effective and most of all, enjoyable.
Blue Season Bali ECO Internships - Schedule and Training
Your ECO internship will be tailored to your level of training, experience and general level of confidence. During your one month with Blue Season Bali, you will be doing a mixture of activities including:
- Marine Resource management and ecology lectures.
- Workshops on various subjects from shark conservation, activism, campaigning and community outreach.
- You will expend your diving skills by taking various PADI courses.
- Take an active roll in conducting site surveys and perform coral watch dives.
- And you will be able to enjoy and explore Bali on weekends.
Ativities that you will be undertaking include:
Conduct Project AWARE Coralwatch surveys on selected sights
Conduct Reefcheck surveys on selected sights
Input data pertaining to numerous research projects including:
Mola Mola sightings
Blue Season Bali ECO Internships - Inclusions
For each of our Bali ECO Internships, we include all the of the following:
- Airport transfers (return).
- Four (4) weeks' twin-share accommodation in a local Balinese losmen.
- Five days of ECO Internship diving each week - total of twenty days research diving.
- At least two (2) dives each day - location of dives depends on the projects ongoing at the time.
- Lunch and water are included on every diving day.
Five PADI / Project AWARE Specialty courses:
- PADI Underwater Naturalist Speciality Course
- Project AWARE Speciality Course
- AWARE Fish ID Speciality Course
- AWARE Shark Conservation Speciality Course
- AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Speciality Course
One extra PADI Dive course - Select one of the following: Advanced Open Water Diver / Rescue Diver or any other PADI Speciality course (depending on your current certification level)
Bali ECO Internships - Extras
There are a few extra items that you need to keep in mind for your expenses in Bali:
- Visa On Arrival fee - currently USD25 per person * Internships longer than 8 weeks will receive support for a social visit visa
- Breakfast and dinner costs
- Your personal expenses through out your stay in Bali.
- Optional overnight trips to Tulamben, Menjangan National Park and Bio Rock. (~$20.00 and $250.00)
ECO Internships - Prerequisites:
To qualify for our ECO Internship course, you must be:
- 18 years old
- No Diving experience required - If you are not already certifies you can do the Open Water Diver course with us upon your arrival.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Don't meet the requirements right now? Don't worry! We can conduct all prerequisite courses at the beginning of your ECO internship.
Contact us, and we'll let you know what you need to do in order to get started on your ECO Internship today!
The cost of our ECO Internships - Price $2900.00
We structure the program in four-week intervals. Your apprenticeship can last 4, 8, 12 or more weeks depending on your goals. Interns staying for longer will be offered the opportunity to act as research assistants and/or team leaders. The cost for the four week ECO Internship in Bali is USD 2900.00. Longer programs and options will be calculated based on your personal customizations.
Schedule - When Can I Start?
The date listed below is the first day of the Eco Internship, you should aim to arrive in Bali prior to this date. Remember we include four weeks of accommodation with the ECO Internship.
ECO Internship 01 starting 9th January 2012
ECO Internship 02 starting 6th February 2012
ECO Internship 03 starting 12th March 2012
ECO Internship 04 starting 16th April 2012
ECO Internship 05 starting 21st May 2012
ECO Internship 06 starting 25th June 2012
ECO Internship 07 starting 30th July 2012
ECO Internship 08 starting 3rd September 2012
ECO Internship 09 starting 8th October 2012
ECO Internship 10 starting 12th November 2012
Is the ECO Internship fun?
Haha, you bet! We're serious about providing the best quality ECO Internships the world has to offer, but that's not the whole experience. You will be living and diving with other eco internship participants from all over the world. The excitement and cultural flavor of Bali makes it the setting of the diving adventure of a lifetime.
CONTACT US - email us now