Action Scuba have been leading the way for shark conservation in Montreal for a long time through education, events and activism. We were part of the Big Shark Shout-Out in 2011 and are excited about our involvement once again for 2012.
As part of this month long series of activities at Action Scuba, we will be offering a free evening dedicated to sharks at our Montreal scuba diving centre.
This evening will include:
- the AWARE Shark Conservation Diver Specialty Course (non-dive version) for FREE. This is open to divers and non-divers alike. Come learn more about sharks, why they are endangered and what you can do about it. Be prepared to have your long-held perceptions of sharks challenged and changed!
- video and photos highlights of sharks and why we love them
- the opportunity to sign the Project AWARE shark petition
- the opportunity to sign the petition to stop the trade of shark fins in Montreal
- the opportunity to make a voluntary donation to Project AWARE.
- The chance to win goodies from Project AWARE and Action Scuba Montreal.
Snacks and refreshments will be served.
Our instructors are donating their time for this event because we believe so passionately that our sharks need us.
Come join us for the Big Shark Shout Out and show the world that Montreal cares!