Disclaimer: The views, actions and activities posted by participants on My Ocean are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of Project AWARE Foundation.
0, 0 View on map
- Member Type
- My Website
- My Summary
Buccaneer Diving is Kenya’s only PADI 5 Star IDC Centre and is recognized as such for the quality of training programs offered from complete beginner through to Instructor and beyond.
Owner Bruce Phillips is a PADI Course Director which is the organizations’ highest rating. Bruce personally ensures that the standards, quality and integrity of the PADI courses run at Buccaneer Diving are of the highest quality.
Buccaneer Diving has also been an active stake holder in the Mombasa Marine Park since the early nineties and has been involved in several key marine park initiatives including the following:
• Creation of East Africa’s largest artificial reef the MV Dania
• A second on-going ARTIFICIAL REEF PROGRAM
• A school children education program for some of the lesser-privileged children of Kongowea (SCHOOLS TO THE SEA)
• Biannual underwater clean-ups (World Clean-up day and Dive into Earth day)
• Assisting Kenya Wildlife Service in mooring maintenance and placement on several occasions
• Playing an active role in the collection of flip flops for the creation of a flip flop whale used to build whale conservation awareness.