With ever increasing threats to our ocean planet, working globally and acting locally has never been so important.
You can empower your local ocean community to take conservation action to a whole new level of change. With measured results, on the ground and under the water action, your Ocean Action Project brings us one step closer to a clean, healthy and abundant ocean planet by addressing the root causes of marine debris or shark and ray protection issues.
Since 2012 we've supported 11 Ocean Action Projects worldwide. You can check out the progress of just some of the action below.
- Ecotourism and Awareness for Manta Ray Conservation, Planeta Oceano, Peru
- Protecting Sharks and Rays from Fishing Boats in the Andaman Sea, Blue Guru Conservation, Thailand
- What Goes Around Comes Around - Communicating Marine Debris Science Through Visual Arts, The Plastic Ocean Project, USA
- Thailand eShark Project, Shark Guardian, Thailand
- The Great Fiji Shark Count, Fiji Dive Operators, Fiji Islands
- This Project is Rubbish! South African Shark Conservancy, South Africa
We believe that a strong grassroots movement paired with Project AWARE's work to drive policy forward can build a strong wave for ocean protection.
Project AWARE is currently reviewing our Ocean Action Project campaign to ensure we're delivering the best solutions to ocean protection issues at the local level. For more information please contact Project AWARE or visit My Ocean to discover what other Project AWARE community members are doing to tackle ocean protection issues head on.