Program and Outreach Coordinator, Sydney Office
The Program and Outreach Coordinator maintains and develops Project AWARE Foundation’s marine conservation programs and engages the dive community in strategic conservation actions while supporting future program development.
Maintains AWARE’s Marine Conservation Programs by:
- Managing AWARE’s conservation databases and data collection activities.
- Evaluating, reporting, analyzing and using data collected to achieve program goals.
- Developing resources that help drive involvement in AWARE’s marine conservation activities.
- Assisting the development and implementation of programs and monitoring and reporting on progress.
- Reviewing, editing and commenting on reports, communications and policies.
- Tracking, analysing and recommending action on conservation issues.
- Participating in various conferences, public and government meetings, as required.
- Assisting in other areas of AWARE activity, such as fundraising and communications, as required.
Engages the Dive Community in AWARE Conservation Activities by:
- Building and growing AWARE’s base of support within the dive community.
- Building and cultivating relationships with local AWARE leaders.
- Increasing engagement in regional actions and activities through targeted campaigns.
- Effectively utilize AWARE’s website and social media to highlight the efforts of the dive community.
- Identifying opportunities to maximise outreach and community support for existing and future programs.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of online and offline campaign tools, training, actions, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Marine Biology/Marine Resource Management/Political Science or similar.
- At least 2 years experience in the conservation field and/or marine campaigns, education or outreach.
- PADI Instructor preferred and/or dive industry experience.
- Strong commitment to serve the mission and goals of Project AWARE.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and coordinate several projects with globally distributed virtual teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, influential and presentation skills.
- Ability to represent the organisation to all levels of the community.
- Political sensitivity with ability to remain diplomatic within all interactions, internal and external.
- Understanding of environmental legislation and policy.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong computer skills: Working knowledge of MS Office, familiarity with databases, internet and intranets.
- Team player with a global perspective.
- Dedication to customer service and satisfaction.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- English fluency required and any additional Asia Pacific regional languages preferred.
Applications closing date: Friday, 15th February 2013
Please send your CV to:
Manager, Human Resources
PADI Asia Pacific