Marine pollution is a key topic of discussion during the upcoming International Ocean Conference, "Our Ocean", in Washington, DC from 16 – 17 June 2014.
Project AWARE will be there among lawmakers, advocates and experts to advocate for the ocean and marine debris – trash in our ocean – specifically.
We want you to be there too. Please help create a global rally cry for ocean pollution solutions.
Here’s how you can help:
1. Check out US Senator Kerry’s call to action video and amplify this important messageby tweeting:
- Ocean pollution high on the agenda at #OurOcean2014 & high on the agenda of global divers too: http://bit.ly/OurOcean2014 @projectaware
- Marine Pollution: we can make a difference. Join global divers protecting the ocean #DiveAgainstDebris http://ow.ly/xXC7i #OurOcean2014
2. Show the world what ocean pollution looks like from beneath the surface. Share your best underwater trash shot on 16 or 17 June with the hashtags #OurOcean2014 and #DiveAgainstDebris.
3. Join the Thunderclap! We want to mass-share the same message across social media and stand out from the crowd.
Please join the Thunderclap here and join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates from the conference . You can also watch the conference online here: Our Ocean Live Streaming from Monday 9 am Eastern time. Thank you for helping elevate the need for solutions to these global problems.