Licensor Name: ("Photographer")
Licensee Name: Project AWARE Foundation and its designees ("Project AWARE")
On or about 27 June 2016, Project AWARE a non-profit organization recognized worldwide, is launching a campaign #Divers4SharksNRays to support upcoming proposals at CITES CoP7 for thresher sharks, silky shark and devil rays. Project AWARE is asking its community to download a photo sign, take a picture with the sign and then upload that image to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #Divers4SharksNRays. Project AWARE will then use a social media aggregator to pull images into a photo gallery that will be displayed on the Project AWARE website. Project AWARE may also repost, share and download the photos and use them in other campaign materials.
By uploading the photo as described above, Photographer hereby warrants that Photographer owns or has the legal right to license the photo (“Licensed Photo”) and agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. Photographer hereby grants Project AWARE and its affiliated companies (the “Project AWARE Licensees”) non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual use of the Licensed Photo on its website and for other uses, including but not limited to using in Year in Review reports and in campaign materials. Such use may be digital, paper or any other format now in existence or yet to be invented. No payment will be due from Project AWARE or any of its affiliates to Photographer for their use of the Licensed Photo.
2. Photographer warrants he/she is the photographer of the uploaded photo and owns or has the right to license the above Licensed Photo being provided to Project AWARE for the purpose of this Permission, and that Project AWARE or its designees’ use of the Licensed Photo will not violate any third party rights.
3. Photographer acknowledges that the Licensed Photo may be viewed worldwide on the internet or through various publications in various media including, but not limited to Project AWARE’s and/or its affiliated companies’ internet and social media, and any other media, now in being or yet to be created.
4. Photographer acknowledges that Project AWARE is not required to post a submitted Licensed Photo, and that once posted, Project AWARE has to right to remove an already posted Licensed Photo for any reason without notice Photographer.
5. Photographer grants Project AWARE the right to edit the Licensed Photo for such things as re-sizing, color correcting, etc. without prior review by Photographer In the event Photographer believes the Licensed Photo is being used inappropriately, Photographer will notify Project AWARE directly so that appropriate corrections may be made.
6. Photographer hereby releases and discharges Project AWARE and its affiliated companies and their assigns, agents and/or all persons acting under their permission and authority or those for whom they may be acting, from and against any liability that results from their use of the Licensed Photo.
7. Photographer agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Project AWARE, its affiliated companies and their parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and its and their officers, directors, members, shareholders, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, losses, liabilities, damages, expenses and costs, including reasonable attorney fees, arising from or in connection with its operations and activities related to this Permission, except to the extent that Project AWARE or its affiliated companies caused or contributed to such liability by their own negligent acts or omissions or willful misconduct.
By uploading your photo to the sites listed above, you agree to the above terms and conditions.